Cockroach control by professionals in Newcastle

A Pizza Hut takeaway in Southall was forced to close because of a cockroach infestation.The delivery branch in South Road was one four restaurants forced to shut up shop after Ealing food safety experts investigated. The inspection took place on October 14 after the council received a tip-off from a customer. The takeaway was immediately shut and reopened six days later after inspectors re-visited and declared it safe and clean.

A Pizza Hut spokesman said: “Health and safety is of the utmost importance to Pizza Hut and we are committed to maintaining high standards in all our stores. This particular outlet was an isolated incident which was swiftly dealt with and the delivery store now meets the hygiene standards required.”

Earlier this month, the operator of the franchise, Atifa Wasim Enterprises Limited, was ordered to pay £890 in legal costs at a Ealing Magistrates’ Court hearing, which verified the council’s decision to temporarily close the business.

Several other businesses also appeared before magistrates at the same hearing on November 6.
The owners of Woody Grill kebab and burger restaurant in High Street, Acton was fined £2,000 following prosecution for four separate hygiene offences on April 29. It closed and reopened the following day.

An inspection by food safety officers found raw chicken juices dripping into an uncovered sauce container, no hot water, mouldy food, cigarette butts on the floor of the storage area and mouse droppings in cupboards and on the floor.

At court, operators Woody’s Grill Acton Ltd was fined £500 for each of the four offences, told to cover the council’s £978.81 legal fees and pay a £120 victim surcharge.

Moti Mahal in The Broadway, Southall and Arian in The Mall, Ealing,were both ordered to pay the council’s legal costs following temporary closures. Arian was closed for five days between October 14 to 19 after an inspection revealed a mouse and cockroach infestation. Owner Said Mohamad Tabibi was told to pay legal costs of £755.95.

Moti Mahal closed between October 7 and 10 because of a mouse infestation. Operators Essence Restaurants Limited paid £600.72 in costs.

Also in court that day was LB Enterprises Limited, the operators of Quality Foods in South Road, Southall. It had 16.2kg of hazardous sweets seized on September 27. It was told to pay legal fees of £604.04 after imported Pran Pudding jelly sweets were found to contain a banned gelling agent which can pose a choking hazard.

Paramjip Singh is a manager at Moti Mahal. He said its problems were caused by the council. He said: “There’s so much rubbish left on the streets, the council is not doing its job. It’s left outside on streets at night – how can we control that? We are doing our best but it’s out of control.”

The manager of Woody Grill, Sevim Biskin, said all problems at the restaurant had been remedied and there were no more issues at the shop.

getwestlondon was unable to contact Quality Foods or Arian.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.