Posts

Filthy conditions were uncovered by inspectors at Roti Factory in Leyton on Tuesday

A kebab shop has been shutdown this week after inspectors found a rat-infestation was a risk to health. Roti Factory, in Lea Bridge Road, Leyton, was visited by Waltham Forest Council's environmental health team for a routine inspection on…

Vermin infestation hits Chinatown stores

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Health department inspectors discovered an infestation of mice at two Chinatown stores Friday afternoon. Mee Mee Bakery and Walgreens on Stockton Street near Vallejo Street were forced to close temporarily. When…

Rats found again in Medicine Hat landfill

The rats are back in the Hat. Just two years after officials in Medicine Hat battled an infestation in the southern Alberta city’s landfill, the cringe-inducing varmints appear to have made a comeback. Paul Nicholson, the landfill superintendent…

Evidence of 'rat infestation' and E.coli risk found at Indian restaurant

A RAT infestation and an E.coli risk were flagged up at an Indian restaurant where hygiene practices fell below legal standards. Inspectors slammed the Jaipur Cottage (above), in Alrewas, and ordered its management to hire pest control for…

Tesco construction site is not the source for an alleged ‘plague of rats’

Construction work at the new Tesco is not to blame for a reported ‘rat infestation’ - according to the HSE. The HSE undertook a site report in Wednesday and found no issues with the site. Precision Construction, who are responsible…

Overflowing bins create rat-infested eyesore in Buxton

A Buxton couple have rubbished the council after it left their bins overflowing for three weeks, causing a rat infestation.  Deb Swinn hit out at High Peak Borough Council after it has failed to empty the bins at her block of flats at Bakewell…

Takeaway infested with rats as owner admits six food hygiene offences at pizza and kebab house

£3,000 fine after health officers find rat infestation during routine visit to the Al-Des takeaway in Maesteg A rat infestation at a takeaway that left large deposits of droppings and urine over food and packaging has left the owner with…

Rat infestation is a living nightmare for Castle Gresley family

RATS have been causing a living nightmare for a Castle Gresley family who have been living with an infestation for the last five years. Oliver Felthouse, his wife Nicola and their two-year-old daughter Phoebe have been plagued by scratching…

Takeaway boss fined after rats found in food store

A restaurant owner has been fined nearly £7,500 after inspectors found signs of rat infestation at his premises. Jian Lin, who runs the New Lotus Takeaway, pleaded guilty of failing to adhere to eight food hygiene regulations after inspectors…

A Chinese restaurant in Coventry has been fined £1000

The Fortune Garden in Tile Hill Lane in Coventry was fined more than £1,000 after pleading guilty to several food hygiene offences following rodent infestations. Rat droppings were found in the food store, kitchen, toilet, and rear yard…